You know what your client would need in terms of legal or financial matters as a trustee, financial or wealth adviser, estate planning or elder law specialist. Understanding how to navigate the complicated systems of care, however, may be overwhelming and time-consuming when it comes to an aging or disability concern.
IKOR of Western Pennsylvania is the top provider of life care management services and advocacy assistance for elders, disabled adults, and children with special needs in southwestern Pennsylvania. We have put together a group of highly qualified and compassionate specialists who collaborate to represent our customers’ best interests. Our team has experience with serious injuries and mental illness.
We are familiar with the regional and state programs that provide routine financial, medical, psychological, and environmental assistance to the communities we serve. Medicare, Medicaid, and long-term care insurance are all topics that we are familiar with. We enhance and complement the expert services you provide by being knowledgeable about the care and daily life issues of vulnerable populations.
We understand the many types and levels of care that your client requires, as well as the various living circumstances that are accessible to provide a high quality of life. We provide written evaluations to identify a person’s needs and suggest the best course of action, documenting and using best practices along the way to improve quality of life and dignity across the course of a person’s life.
Here are some indicators that you should contact IKOR life management to assist you in supporting and navigating your client’s best interests.
- Your client or their family is expressing feelings of frustration or being overwhelmed with tasks such as caring for their house, managing bills, or coordinating health care services.
- Your client lives alone with no family or friends to support them.
- Your client is managing multiple ongoing medical conditions.
- Your client appears to be emotionally stressed, confused, or they’re not dressing appropriately for the weather or the season.
- Your client has been recently widowed, or is seeking your help in non financial areas.
- When your client doesn’t have you come to their home for your meetings, this is a big red flag, you should question if they can age safely in their home.
- If you notice or are concerned that your client may be taken advantage of and at risk for predatory activity.
- When your client is challenged regarding their insurance benefits and is asking for help with Medicare, Medicaid or any billing matter.
- When your client is considering or should be considering a change in the living arrangement.
- Overall, you’ve noticed a change in your client’s behavior or they mentioned a cognitive concern.
If this list has caused you to pause regarding anyone that you’re working to support, IKOR can help. Please give us a call toll free at 855-456-7972 or check out our website at www.ikorofwpa.com.