As a trustee, financial or wealth counselor, estate planning or elder law specialist, you are aware of what your client may need in terms of legal or financial problems. However, understanding how to navigate the complicated systems of care may be stressful and time-consuming when dealing with an aging or disability concern.
IKOR of Western Pennsylvania is a leading provider of life care management services and advocacy assistance to elderly, persons with disabilities, and children with special needs in southwestern Pennsylvania. Our team of highly qualified and empathetic specialists collaborate to advocate for our client’s best interests. Our team also has experience with serious injuries and mental illnesses.
We are aware of regional and state programs offering ongoing financial, medical, psychological, and environmental assistance to the communities we serve. We’ve all heard of Medicare, Medicaid, and long-term care insurance. By having a thorough understanding of the needs and challenges that disadvantaged people face on a daily basis, we supplement and add to the specific services you offer.
We are aware of various types and intensities of care that your client requires, as well as the variety of potential solutions for an appropriate quality of life. We conduct written assessments to identify an individual’s needs and propose the best course of action. We track best practices throughout the process in order to improve a person’s quality of life and dignity throughout the duration of their life.
Here are a few signs that you need to get in touch with IKOR life management so we can help you support and navigate your client’s best interests.
- Your client or their family is expressing feelings of frustration or being overwhelmed with tasks such as caring for their house, managing bills, or coordinating health care services.
- Your client lives alone with no family or friends to support them.
- Your client is managing multiple ongoing medical conditions.
- Your client appears to be emotionally stressed, confused, or they’re not dressing appropriately for the weather or the season.
- Your client has been recently widowed, or is seeking your help in non financial areas.
- When your client doesn’t have you come to their home for your meetings, this is a big red flag, you should question if they can age safely in their home.
- If you notice or are concerned that your client may be taken advantage of and at risk for predatory activity.
- When your client is challenged regarding their insurance benefits and is asking for help with Medicare, Medicaid or any billing matter.
- When your client is considering or should be considering a change in the living arrangement
- Overall, you’ve noticed a change in your client’s behavior or they mentioned a cognitive concern.
If this list has caused you to pause regarding anyone that you’re working to support, IKOR can help. Please give us a call toll free at 855-456-7972 or check out our website at www.ikorofwpa.com.